Continuous Delivery and DevOps
Building Continuous Integration and Deployment Frameworks Using Docker Containers
As software becomes a core part of every business, web and application development teams are under pressure to do more with less, speed the frequency of software releases and maintain pace with agile competitors. This, in spite of the increasing scarcity and cost of experienced programming talent and the need to modernize development models and processes.
Creating Efficient Software Development Frameworks
This paper is designed to show technical managers, operations professionals and developers the attributes of a well architected framework for continuous delivery and how it contrasts with a poorly designed code pipeline. We’ll also show how individual pieces of the pipeline can be implemented and orchestrated.
Find out how:
- Re-architected code delivery pipelines and leveraging modern technology like containers and cloud, as appropriate, can serve as high ROI investment.
- Creating self-service IT can relieve pressure from operations and enable development to proceed at it’s own pace. The code delivery pipeline helps remove obstacles slowing software release.
- Code delivery pipelines are a critical business area for maintaining business advantage and productivity.
- Development processes present a low-risk, high ROI area to test modernization technologies and techniques.
- Dev and test modernization are increasingly a business requirement. When implementation is strategic and based on best practices, it can serve as a POC for other projects.